Sunday, March 14, 2010

Passport to Creativity

I am so excited that I get to share a scrapbooking page that I worked on for an article called "passport to creativity" for Canadian Scrapbooker! I was chosen along side 2 other fantastic artists from BC to create 3 different layouts for their publication.
There is also some fun questions/answers in there too. It is on magazine stands now.

This layout in particular I really loved....It is of my son in the "Pumpkin Patch" at Grandma and Grandpas' house.
I used a few stamps to create my layout. The background is an awesome scrapblock that I reach for quite often called "vintage text" from Cornish Heritage Farms. I also used the calendar block scrapblock to indicate the month. There is a close shot of that if you scroll down.
The colors on the chipboard from basic grey were not quite right so I went over them with my copic marker.
MY FAVORITE part of this layout? First of all I printed this photo of my son in black and white then I took my waterbrush filled with Copic blender solution and painted my leaves using the palette technique to match my paper and the mood that I wanted to create. I love that my son stands out because he is still in black and white but I could add multiple colors in the leaves behind him. Way cool technique that you have to try!
Here is a close shot of the calendar block stamp and just some simple handwriting with my multiliner pen.

Hope you are enjoying your day....I have another fun layout to share with you too....soon!

8 comments:

Sherry said...

Can you tell me more about this technique you discribed? "my waterbrush filled with Copic blender solution and painted my leaves using the palette technique"

Thanks
Sherry

Linda Carson said...

Congratulations! Your page is gorgeous! What is the palette technique?

Sherrie said...

The palette technique is scribbling your copic marker ink on a piece of plastic/transparency and pick up those colors with your waterbrush filled with blender....then paint it on. The transparency acts as your "Painters Palette".

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
I didn't know that you could use copics with way on photos. I am used to working with Marshalls pencils and oil paints for hand coloring b&w's and am so excited to try it with copics. Thanks for sharing. The page is wonderful

Kelley said...

A beautiful layout - is your son okay with 'beautiful'? Thank you for sharing the palette technique.

Conniecrafter said...

very cute, love the text background and texture, like how you colored the pic too, very cool!

liannallama said...

your LO is beautiful! I love the warm feel of this and all the elegant details. The filagree is such a perfect touch over the text block. GORGEOUS!

1CardCreator said...

Congratulations! This is an awesome layout. Thanks for sharing ~Diane