Friday, October 30, 2009

Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #89


Happy Friday! Wouldn't this be perfect for someone turning 40?....I'm not there YET....
Retro is so hot you will love this new ATC set coming out by Cornish Heritage Farms. It is due to be released November 3rd! There are a lot of fun little sassy sayings but this one in particular I use quite often...lol!
Nothing says retro quite like the Early Bird paper from Cosmo Cricket! I love this stuff! I colored my retro vacuum with my copics then did my shading with my prismacolor pencils. When you are combining coloring mediums such as this...make sure you do your marker coloring FIRST. This will keep you from damaging the tips of your markers:)
Here are all my card deets:
Stamps:
Domestic Love (ATC), Invitation Essentials (MLM) by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink:
Tuxedo Black memento (Tsukineko)
Paper:
Early Bird (Cosmo Cricket)
Simply Smooth Vanilla (Prism)
Accessories:
Copic Markers
Chipboard (Cosmo Cricket)
Prismacolor Pencils
Sewing
Corner Rounder (Marvy)


Here is the sketch so you can play along in TAYLOR'S challenge.
Don't forget to see what the rest of the sketch crew came up with:
Jami Sibley: More is More
Monika Davis: M.A.D. Stamper
Jackie Pedro: The Scalloped Edge
Lynn Mercurio: Stamperosity
Melissa Sauls: In Stamping Mode
Rachel Sztonyk: Gingerbread Gallery
Alice Lihsuan-Wertz: Alice's Little Wonderland
Lisa Hjulberg: The Craft's Meow


Come back tomorrow....I played along in the Stamping Bella Blog Hop....oh man..love how my card turned out! (Big self hug)....see you then!

22 comments:

Jami said...

That is hysterical Sherrie! And I love the retro look - so FUN! Glad I'm not the only one who didn't do Halloween;)

Have a great weekend!

thestampinglady said...

I think this card is just terrific. I first saw it on Taylor's blog and just had to know how to make it and where the stamps came from. I have bookmarked this page so that I can come back and order those stamps. Yeah for retro!

Lynn Mercurio said...

LOL...what a funny sentiment and image. Great colors. You ROCK Sherrie!

Julie said...

OMGosh, I had to stop over here and tell you how adorable this card is!!! I love it! :)

Jean Franks Beck said...

This is great, Sherrie! Love the papers and the beautiful marker/pencil combo coloring.

Sharon Harnist said...

I'm seriously LOL here, Sherrie -- LOVE this saying and that darn cute vaccuum!! Now that's one vaccuum I just might use pretty frequently, LOL! :D Can't wait to get my hands on this set!

Unknown said...

OMGosh, this is too funny! It would be perfect for anyone not looking forward to another birthday!

Melissa Sauls said...

OMG I HAVE to have this!! I just love, love, love the image coupled with that sentiment. That is so me too!! Great job and thanks so much for enabling!!

Alice said...

love the vacuum image and the sentiment, too cute! super birthday card!!

Sharron said...

This is so cute--love all the colors and clever sentiment! Such a fun birthday card!

Renee said...

This is so cute with vaccuum stamp! I love the saying too! Super cute!

Linda Carson said...

What a hoot! Love it!

jen said...

This card made me LOL!! :) Love it!

bods said...

That is so funny..perfect for the occasion. TFS

Lisa H. said...

I love this! so cute, creative and love the fun birthday sentiment!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Great card Sherrie. Love that paper and the chipboard flower piece. TFS!

seamom said...

I saw your card on Taylor's blog and just had to visit here to tell you what a hoot I think your card is! I have LOTS of friends in my age group who would howl upon receiving that card. Amazing paper choices and adaptation of Taylor's sketch. LOVE IT!

Conniecrafter said...

Love those papers for this theme, fun sentiment and neat coloring!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

I saw this on Taylor's blog and had to come and comment. This card is a riot! Oh my goodness! It would be so perfect for some relatives of mine with birthday's this month! LOL! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

It was love at first sight when I spied your card in Taylor's post. Makes me smile!

Unknown said...

So FAB Sherrie!
Thanks for making my set so much fun!

B-

Cynthia said...

This is adorable, Sherrie! I NEED this retro set. :)