Friday, October 9, 2009

Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #86

Happy Thanksgiving weekend all my fellow canadian friends! We have a full weekend in our house...gatherings on both the Saturday and Sunday. I am posting quickly this morning then I'm off to attack my house (clean up mode).
Funerals in our family and such has caused me to pause and enjoy the sweet moments. It is so easy to be caught up in the rush of life....my schedule, the kids' schedule etc....that it can really seem that life is passing me by!
The quote on this card reminded me......"that it shall never come again" so I need to enjoy the sweetness of the moments. I am really looking forward to having my family here this weekend and spend some time just "being" with them.
Here are all my card deets:
Stamps:
School Primer (ATC), Sweet Bee (Rummage Bin) by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink:
Slate, Denium Adirondack (Ranger)
Paper:
Patterned Paper (Melissa Frances)
Accessories:
Copic Markers
Ribbon (Melissa Frances)
Cheeky Clip (Making Memorie
Brads (Heidi Swap)
Scallop Border Punch (EK Success)
Sewing


Do you like to use card sketches as a jumping off point when you create? Do you enjoy inspiring others with your creations? What about a discount at the TE Store…would you enjoy that? Well then read on to see how you can join the Sketch Crew each week as they provide weekly inspiration using the TE Sketch!

Taylor is looking to add three new people to the Sketch Crew! If you’re interested in joining us, just create a card using today’s sketch and post a direct link to your creation on Taylor's blog by Friday, October 16th at 8 am PST. You may enter as many cards as you’d like. We'll be searching through your creations for the most clever and creative of the bunch! Taylor will notify the winners on Saturday, October 17th and they’ll join the Sketch Crew for the first time on October 23rd. Check out Taylor's blog for more details!

Here is the sketch so you can play along in TAYLOR'S challenge.
Don't forget to see what the rest of the sketch crew came up with:
Jami Sibley: More is More
Monika Davis: M.A.D. Stamper
Jackie Pedro: The Scalloped Edge
Lynn Mercurio: Stamperosity
Don't forget to check out the SASI blog as well....there is a sample on there too!

To you and yours....have a very blessed thanksgiving!

12 comments:

Taylor said...

This is so pretty, Sherrie! I love the stitching...such a sweet addition and that sentiment is a wonderful reminder! Happy Thanksgiving!

Jami said...

Og Sherrie your card is so sweet and wonderful! Happy Thanksgiving!

Bettyann said...

love the card..happy thanksgiving to you..we celebrated last week-end ..it took a week to recover lol..

Jackie Pedro said...

This is the sweetest card, Sherrie! Have a great weekend!

Melody said...

I LOVE your card! I keeping think I need the stamp! I just love the vintage feel.

Monika/Buzsy said...

FAbulous card Sherrie! I just adore that cute image... love the colors, the lace... fab job on the sketch!

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a wonderful holiday Thanksgiving is...a day set aside to give us pause to reflect on just how much we have to be thankful for. You already know I love this card (lol) so I'll just wish you a very joyous Thanksgiving.

Kristie W. said...

What a sweet card!

Mary J said...

Very, very sweet, Sherrie! Fabulous job

Sharon Harnist said...

Beautiful card, Sherrie -- love the acetate overlay and pretty blue scalloped layer ... just perfect with this little girl! Happy Thanksgiving!

Gwen said...

Oh my gosh!! this is truly beautiful!! love everything about it!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh so pretty! I love that vintage look. Bravo!