Friday, September 11, 2009

Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #82

It's Friday!!! Fun sketch time again....I love Taylor's sketches. They are fantastic "spring boards" for me creatively. My little bird is saying "sweetie pie" in this card. I loved making the paper interact with my image and sentiment. Love this fun paper from Cosmo Cricket....I guess they are my "black birds baked in a pie". Is that how the nursery rhyme goes?
The chipboard letters are actually from the "girl friday" collection, I love how they still matched this "earth love" collection!
One of my favorite details. That ribbon was just a white polkadot....I incorporated the colors of my card by coloring the dots randomly with my copic markers.
Here are all the deets:
Stamps:
The Birds and the Bees (Kim Hughes Collection) by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink:
Rich Cocoa Memento (Tsukineko)
Paper:
Earth Love (Cosmo Cricket)
Accessories:
Sticker border, label (Cosmo Cricket)
Copic Markers
Lipstick Spica Glitter Pen (Copic)

Mini paperclip (Tim Holtz)
Ribbon (Offray)
Chipboard Letters (Cosmo Cricket)
Sewing


Here is the sketch so you can play along in TAYLOR'S challenge.
Don't forget to see what the rest of the sketch crew came up with:
Stephanie Hargis: Steph's Stampin' Stuff
Jami Sibley: More is More
Monika Davis: M.A.D. Stamper
Donna Baker: Serenity in Stamping
Jackie Pedro: The Scalloped Edge
Lynn Mercurio: Stamperosity

And who is the sketch sampler this week? Well....that is something that is going to have a new look soon....watch for it!

Enjoy your weekend!

11 comments:

Jami said...

Oh my goodness Sherrie - this is just too cute!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E, Sherrie!!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is such an adorably fun card.

Donna Baker said...

and yes - you SPRING right off the board but it's always in STYLE! I love your blackbird pie!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great card Sherrie! Love the image, the great paper, the chipboard letters... TFS!

Dusty said...

Of course another awesome design!

Linda Carson said...

Cute! Very clever use of Copics on the ribbon! I have to remember that one!

Gwen said...

What a sweetie pie of a card!!! Just so darn cute!!! how creative of you to color your ribbon!!! I need to try that!! :)

Stephanie Hargis said...

What a fantastic card Sherrie! I love your take on the sketch! :D Those chipboard letters are AMAZING!

Conniecrafter said...

way too cute, great combo of elements, sure to bring a smile!

Kristine Reynolds said...

Great card Sherrie!