Tuesday, July 28, 2009

School Day Dreamin'

Dreaming of those school days while we are in the middle of a HEAT WAVE. Now if I lived in California I might have considered central air conditioning in my home a must...but here in BC it only gets really hot like this a handful of days....but those days can be brutal! We have a old, tiny AC that sits up in our bedroom window...just enough to take the edge off while we sleep.
Yesterday the humidex was up at 40 degrees (celsius) and today it is supposed to climb higher!

Onto my lil' card. Isn't she darling! I think she matches the feel of this "Girl Friday" paper by Cosmo Cricket perfectly! Today is the first day I could show you a peek of this stamp set. This is from the new ATC set coming out next Tuesday called "School Primer" from Cornish Heritage Farms. I stamped her directly on kraft cardstock. I did my base coloring (Some grays and neutrals) with my copics then added the blue of her dress with my prismacolor pencil. When mixing coloring mediums like this ALWAYS do your marker work first...as to not contaminate the nibs. I stamped the sentiment in vanilla pigment ink and added a little dimension to my chipboard flower by cutting a flower from felt using the blossom Spellbinders die.

Now I'm off to put more milk ice cubes in the freezer....Mmmmm....mocha frapps...a sweet indulgence on hot days!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE THIS!!!
She is so cute, and the card is darling!!!
Sorry about the air temperature, but obviously you are smokin' hot in the fab department as well!!