Friday, May 22, 2009

Cupcake Friday and Copic Certification Contest!

I have a FULL post for you today! Hold onto your hats as copic is having a contest for the Canadian certification in Winnipeg June 6th. HERE is your tremendous opportunity! Woohoo....

The contest starts TODAY and will run till Wed. May 27th 12am.
Here are the simple rules....
Simply e-mail Kris (orders@copicmarker.com) and put WINNIPEG CLASS CONTEST in the title. Give us your best paragraph about the papercrafting things you enjoy and are passionate about and why you should win.
Please include your NAME, E-MAIL,ADDRESS,PHONE NUMBER
(Serious entries only please)

What do you win?.......

2 winners will be chosen to receive the class FREE! Woohoo! Thank you copic!

I am so looking forward to this class as I have been playing away in my studio with a multitude of new copic samples to show you!

It is also CUPCAKE FRIDAY.....so with some more copic coloring goodness this sweet lil' bunny is offering up some love:

I changed the corner detail in the sketch to make it my own. The little heart was cut with the two smallest heart nestabilitie dies from felt. The felt WAS white....oh yes, I {heart} my air brush!
The frame was really fun to make. It is chipboard that I painted with Claudine Hellmuth's paint and then before it was dry I shook on my Martha Stewart Glitter.
Can you tell where my light source is in the image....it is coming from the top left corner. The front side of the bunny is highlighted with my custom BG10 marker and the back shaded side with W1,3 and 5. The sky is airbrushed too (BG13).
Here are all my card deets:
Stamps:
Sweet Spring, Pet-tootie Sentiments (Kim Hughes Collection) by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink:
Tuxedo Black Memento (Tsukineko)
Paper:
Weathervane (October Afternoon)
Simply Smooth White, Rose Red Dark (Prism)
Accessories:
Copic Markers
Air Brush System (Copic)

Heart Dies (Spellbinders)
Ribbon (Offray)
Stick Pin (Fancy Pants)
Chipboard Frame (Basic Grey)
Paint (Claudine Hellmuth)
Glitter (Martha Stewart)


Here is the sketch so you can play along in TAYLOR'S challenge.
Don't forget to see what the rest of the cupcake crew came up with:
Stephanie Hargis: Steph's Stampin' Stuff
Vicki Chrisman: This Art that makes me Happy
Jami Sibley: More is More
Monika Davis: M.A.D. Stamper
Donna Baker: Serenity in Stamping
Jackie Pedro: The Scalloped Edge
Ana Wohlfahrt: Ink A Stamp
Lynn Mercurio: Stamperosity
The cupcake sampler this week is Jessica Diedrich! You can find her beautiful creations on her blog HERE....congrats Jessica!

Have a wonderful weekend....looks like we are getting some gorgeous weather here!

17 comments:

Taylor said...

This is so cute, Sherrie! I love that bunny image and all the glittery-ness of your sample!

claudine hellmuth said...

this is so cute! thank you for using my paints!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is adorable, Sherrie! Love the ribbon in the corner!!

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

How sweet! Love your take on the sketch! Super creative!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Adorable Sherrie! Love the angled ribbon and all the glitter :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic card Sherrie! Love your take on the sketch, the cute bunny, the ribbon through that heart... TFS!

Peggy said...

The card is so sweet. Also can you check the address for Kris the email comes back to me as not being correct. My email address is gatchell@mts.net. Thank you.

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is fantastic Sherrie. I just love your glittered frame. What a great take on the sketch this week! Have a fantastic weekend.

Linda Carson said...

Really cute & so creative!! You had fun making that jewel! Does the contest come w/airfare?? LOL

Vicki Chrisman said...

Darling .. love what you did with the sketch. Soooo sweet!

KanataNewf said...

Isn't this so cute? Wow, wish I was closer to Winnipeg (I'm in our nation's capital). I would so enter your contest for the copic class! Sadly, the last time I was there was about 17 years ago - in February!

Linda Beeson said...

That bunny is just so adorable and I love that sparkly frame!

Jennifer Talley said...

Oh my gosh, this is so cute! I love the bunny!

Kathy K said...

Catching up on my commenting today... this card is so stinkin' adorable. Your coloring is so fabulous, and I love that blinged out frame!

cr8iveme said...

stinkin' cute card

M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS

Shellie Munro said...

thanks for sharing you are very talented!!

Brooke said...

Love the glittery frame!