Friday, April 24, 2009

Taylored Expressions Challenge #65!

Last week you may recall that I followed the sketch...to the letter. This week I took a little "artistic license". If you scroll down and look at the sketch you see that bold strip down one side. I actually used vellum. I stamped my image both on my card stock and then on my vellum. I colored only the fisherman on the backside of my vellum and then layed the strip over top and sewed it in place.

This was simple to do, but for a "guy" card I think it was quite effective. I used a paper frill as my scalloped detail. The sentiment is from a new set called "Father's Day Centers" from CHF.

I know, quite simple and plain....but guys don't want the fluff...right?
Here are all my card deets:
Stamps:
It doesn't get much better (Thomas Kinkade), Father's Day Centers (Mona Lisa Moments) by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink:
Espresso, Cranberry Adirondack (Ranger)
Timber Brown Stazon (Tsukineko)
Paper:
Simply Smooth White, Vellum (Prism)
Accessories:
Copic Markers
Paper Frill (Doodlebug)




Here is the sketch so you can play along in TAYLOR'S challenge.
Don't forget to see what the rest of the cupcake crew came up with:
Vicki Chrisman: This Art that makes me Happy
Donna Baker: Serenity in Stamping
Jackie Pedro: The Scalloped Edge
Lynn Mercurio: Stamperosity

The cupcake sampler this week is the lovely Joanne Basile! I have had the pleasure of meeting her in person and her work is just as wonderful as she is! Enjoy her blog HERE.

Enjoy your weekend! Happy Blurfing!

9 comments:

Taylor said...

Very pretty, Sherrie! I love the look of the vellum!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is so beautiful Sherrie. Love the spotlight effect on your fisherman. Such a great masculine card.

Donna Baker said...

what a fabulous interpretation for the sketch! love the soft look of vellum

Mary G. said...

Wow! Great card and beautifully done!!!

Linda Carson said...

WOW! Such a creative use of the sketch! Beautifully done!

Sheri said...

Beautiful...beautiful card!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great card Sherrie! Love the image... nice job on the sketch! TFS!

Heather Ulmer said...

wow what a creative take on the sketch! I love how you coloured the fisherman on the velum

Conniecrafter said...

that is so cool, love the vellum strip and how you just colored the fisherman!