Monday, February 2, 2009

February Monday


Someone please tell me where the month of January went?
Did it fly for you too?
I had so little time to play along with splitcoast challenges for the month of January that I thought I would get my February and my monday off to a good start. Here is my version of the "recessed window" challenge over on SCS today. Using some new nestabilities dies from Spellbinders I created this lush felt frame. It wasn't quite the right color though, so out came my air brush system from Copic.
The jewels were also clear, but I wanted to warm them up for this card so I airbrushed those too....it took like 5 seconds! Love that!

Hope you all get a little "play" time today! Here are the rest of my card details:
Rubber Stamps by Cornish Heritage Farms:
The Shoe Boutique (Rummage Bin)
Ink:
Espresso Adirondack (Ranger)
Paper:
Suede Brown Dark (Prism)
Nature's Way Patterned Paper (Webster's Pages)
Accessories:
Copic Markers
Air Brush System (Copic) for felt frame and clear jewels
Blossom Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
Felt
Jewel Flourish (Prima)

6 comments:

Sew This N That said...

Beautiful card Sherrie, love the layout :0)
**Hugs** Heather x

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Pretty card! Ahhh! The airbrush! lol! When I took Marianne's class and we started airbrushing, I remember looking for "something else" to airbrush. It was like an obsession after awhile! lol! I love what you did here.

Linda Carson said...

I've gotta try using felt w/nestabilities. That's too cool!

Anonymous said...

This is totally adorable! Beautiful layout and fabulous colors!

Conniecrafter said...

cute stamp and like the way you framed it, and the coloring of the gems, very pretty!

retiredheather said...

Love this card. The frame is perfect and love what you did with the swirl.
Hugs
Heather