Sunday, July 13, 2008

Paper Piecing Delight

My Kim Hughes Christmas Critters have arrived! Aren't they cute! I paper pieced these cute little guys with Basic Grey's Archaic paper. In this close shot you can see how easy that penguin is to piece. The lines are so thick that you don't need to cut around the whole image. Stamp your penguin on your paper first, then stamp again on your patterned paper and just cut out that round center part and glue it on your first stamped image....really quick!
Some finishing touches. I set them on some snow made with liquid applique....

Hint: I spread out my liquid applique and then before heat setting it I sprinkle Art Glitter all over it and THEN heat set it. It sparkles so purdy!

We're off house hunting today....hope you have a good one!

6 comments:

Jenny Mick said...

Very cute! Love the paper piercing!

Jennifer Love said...

My word that is SO cute! Those stamps are on my short list to buy at CHF when I make my next order. hehe

Great card!

Mary Dawn said...

i love that little deer! this set is on my short list too, most definitely

Shelly said...

this is so cute, love the images and sketch!

Alvin & Denise Engler said...

the kids just spent a few minutes spontaneously laughing and pointing at these characters. i think they like the big eyes. :)
-de

Michele Kovack said...

What a fun little card!!! Love those animals!