Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Guy

A little break from Christmas today. This was a couple challenges I joined in on yesterday. Challenge #1.... a masculine card (always a challenge)
Challenge #2....watercoloring (yup, it's been a while)

I received some new rubbah...and couldn't wait to ink this adorable little boy up! My watercolor paints needed to see some more love too and this card was born.

I chose my patterned paper first and then watercolored in that scheme. If you click on the photo you can see I changed up my sewing a little. I didn't want to cover the words on the stamp so in that section I straight stitched and in the other parts I zig zagged. Topped off with a button and some twine I think it will make a great birthday card for my son. I'll tuck it away with some of my special cards....love to have those handy for when I don't have time to make one.
Here are all the card deets:
Stamps:
Boys will be boys collage, For the men (rummage bin) by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink:
Vintage Sepia (Versafine)
Vintage Photo Distress ink (Ranger)
Espresso (Adirondack)
Paper:
Watercolor paper
Archaic DP (Basic Grey)
Kraft (Prism)
Accessories:
Watercolor paints (Sakura)
Sewing
Sponge Dauber
Button (Autumn Leaves)
Twine

No comments: