Monday, July 28, 2008

Cupcake Pincushions

When you have cupcakes, don't you need at least 6?! This was my thought when making these fun little pincushions. I think I will be stuffing a few stocking with these this year. When I saw Lesley's set "Round and Round We Go" my first thought was cupcake tops. They look like the swirling frosting to me.
Once again, some fabric stamping. My round images I stamped on white fabric with Palette Metallic inks. The band around the middle is Michael Miller fabric (isn't it yummy)! For the very finished touch, I used my Spellbinder heart die and ran some thick felt through my cuttlebug....works like a charm....a perfect little heart. I hand stitched on the hearts with a blanket stitch. It is always more fun to sew with a whimsical pincushion to use....better than getting stabbed by leaving them in a little tray (personal experience here).
Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

Amy said...

you are sooooo creative Sherrie! I love your pincushions!

Elaine said...

Oh how cute! The fabric is nice!

Taylor said...

Cupcake pincushions!? You're speakin' to my heart, girl! ;) Love 'em!