Saturday, December 8, 2007

Taste of Summer

Funny how I crave the things of summer in the middle of winter. One of our family favorites is ripe crisp cherries right off the trees of the Okanagon. I couldn't resist this wonderful Lockhart stamp that I purchased at Ellen's store....along with new dew drops, ornare piercer and template and some other stamps too! Can you tell I really wanted to play with them, I had to use all my toys on one card....lol! I ran my white piece of papertrey cs through my cuttlebug with a nestability die (not to cut but just to emboss). Stamped my cherries in archival ink, colored with copics. Sewed my base to a red layer. Added ribbon and colored my dew drops to match. The last touch was going around my bowl of cherries with a paper piercing border. Just Yummy!

Here is a close shot of my colored bowl of cherries. I did two tones on the cherries and leaves and shaded in the bowl on the left. This was a quick stamp to color ( I was really surprised) but there is so much detail in the stamp that laying down the color was a snap!

Happy Stamping!

15 comments:

Jessrose21 said...

I love it! Especially the paper piercing and embossing. What a great look!

Deborah said...

Nice to see something different right now! This is adorable! Deb

leenda said...

FANTASTIC artwork!

StamperSharon said...

Beautiful, Sherrie -- and such a refreshing break from all the holiday cards!

Theresa said...

You made it to your po box I see!!! Lovely card! Now I'm dreaming about the cherries too! Lis is coming over today and I hope to play with something outside of Christmas too!

Elizebeth said...

This is so fresh and beautiful! Lovely in so many ways, TFS!

Charmaine (CharmWarm on SCS) said...

So simple and clean. . .absolutley beautiful, Sherrie!

dd2njoy said...

Sweet!!! Love It!!!

Cindy H. said...

Love the red and white -so crisp! The paper piercing is *very* pretty, as is the embossing with the Nestibilities.

Jenn said...

Great combination of products and techniques! It looks wonderful!

Mercy said...

so pretty, sherrie...love th edew drops and the piercing!

Joani said...

I love it! Great work. The paper peircing is a very nice touch - looks like something that should be framed in a country kitchen.
TFS....

Anonymous said...

Such great coloring of your stamp, and I just love the peirced border and stitched border, really compliments each other!
Conniecrafter

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh, how yummy looking!!! And you have just reminded me that I bought a piercing template from Ellen's store that I haven't used yet -- thanks!!!

Jane said...

Wow, stunning yet simple. Very elegant. Love it!

Jane