Friday, December 14, 2007

I'm here for you

I must a "black and white" kinda girl. I like my cards either really messy and distressed, lovely vintage or....clean, crisp draw your eye to design kinda cards. Today's challenge was for white based cards....oh, I can't wait to go peruse the gallery at the end of the day and soak in all the crispness! Ok, onto the card:
Stamps are the new set from My Favorite Things (Rain or Shine)
Now I thought this would work really well with my circle embossed template (looks like rain drops when they hit the water)
I also added some paper piercing in the corner with my new ornare template I bought at Ellen's store, looks like rain drops.
I colored my image with copics and the fancy pants ribbon was my color inspiration.
Very simple but I just love it!
Have a great weekend and.....
Happy Stamping!

12 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

I love this card...and those pierced raindrops are TDF!

Carin said...

What a beautiful card, I love the combination of colours, great!
I have a question, do you know the brand of the "picture hanger" you used on your card? I used them by myself lately and someone asked me, but I don't remember!

Sherrie said...

Hi Carin,
The "picture hanger" is in the hodgepodge set by stampin'up. I'm sure you can get them elsewhere too, just have to use mine up first.

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh this is SO pretty! Love the colors, and white on white.

Heather Huggins said...

I love it! Very simple and clean.

Anonymous said...

Love how these colors pop against the white, great idea with the embossed bg, and just love your piercing of the rain drops!

Tina said...

a wonderful card!

Alli Miles said...

Very nice Sherrie! But of course you know I adore your style.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

YOu're right. . .this is very crisp, clean draw your eye to the design! I LOVE it! Just perfect!

Carolyn King said...

BEAUTIFUL Sherrie

Michele Kovack said...

What an incredibly sweet card!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love everything about this. The colors against the white look wonderful. This set is at the top of my want list...the little dachshund is just irresistable.