Monday, November 26, 2007

Winter Wonderland

I went to town with a friend today and bought something I have been wanting to try for a while. Can you guess by looking at my card?
Alcohol Inks!
I am very new to these but wanted to try tonight before bed. This little winter scene is done on glossy paper. I dabbed the alcohol ink on and then added some blender to soften. I stamped the memory box trees in black and my amuse penguin. Then added some snow with my white gel pen and some Verve snowflakes with chalk ink. The "winter wonderland" sentiment is Verve Visual as well. The other colors on the penguin are with glaze pens and I tried to make him look like he was hanging an ornament on the tree.
Looks to me like a first snowfall, with the green being covered with snow. Just like out my window right now! Our green lawn is being dusted with our first snowfall, so pretty.
There are A LOT of techniques that I am itching to try with these inks!

Happy Stamping!

10 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Very cool...nice job!

Rose Ann said...

Your card almost glows, and is very cute! I love the bits of snow!

Debbie G said...

Your cards are always so adorable and colored so nice!! Love it!

Michele Kovack said...

Love how this turned out! I love the card below too, with your wintery scene!

Alhambra Club said...

AWESOME, love this card.

Deborah said...

Such a wonderful card! Great job! Deb

Theresa said...

Ya!!! You caught the alcohol ink bug!!! Wonderful card!

Anonymous said...

This is super cute!

Anonymous said...

Both of these scenes you have created are so rich and full of color -- I love them!!!

Alli Miles said...

Very cute.