Friday, September 7, 2007

Snowflake Flowers


I had this idea rolling around in my head as I patiently (not quite) waited for my stamps to arrive. Today's the day, and I have little time to stamp ACK! I for sure wanted to get this idea to paper. I ordered some of papertrey's white cs.....the raving is all justified! What a dream to stamp on, can't wait to play with my copics on it too. This is using papertrey's newest flower release and now I'll be able to keep it out year round. I stamped the inner circle first and then lined up the other flower around the perimeter. For the focal flower I decided to add a bit more weight by stamping in the color and outlining with my burnt umber brown.

Here you can see the wonderful detail of Nichole's stamps. What a pretty snowflake. I added some accent with glitter pen and Heidi swap jewels, being careful not to detract from the lovely design. Wouldn't you know it I had the perfect thread to match my new "waterlily green" palette ink. Just love these results! Happy Weekend Everyone!

20 comments:

Williams Family said...

Very pretty!

Theresa said...

That is beautiful! I can't believe that lined up so well!!! LOVE those colors!!!

Julie Campbell said...

This is SO SMART! I hope you entered this in the guest star stamper contest! I think it's a winner!

Donna Baker said...

this is gorgeous, Sherrie! love the soft colors

Alhambra Club said...

Love the card, your stitching is beautiful.

Cathrine StClair said...

This is an awesome way to use those stamps. Very creative.

Alli Miles said...

Pure genius! You better be submitting this one missy!

Sew Club said...

Love, Love, Love this! Make sure you submit this to Nichole! It's a winner for sure!

Anonymous said...

I am amazed, this card is beautiful and I love the colors!!! TFS.

Rose Ann said...

I agree with everyone...this one needs to be submitted. I love it!!!

Deborah said...

Classy card Sherrie! Gorgeous snowflake! Deb

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just gorgeous! I love the colors, Sherrie! Beautiful!

Dawn Wheeler said...

fab cards love the colours,Dawnx

Joan said...

How creative and stunning. You should win!! This is just unique and lovely.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's awesome!

Stampin' Meg said...

Such an elegant line and delicate color combo on this card- very classy!

Beth Thomas said...

That is so completely beautiful and clever!

Anonymous said...

Amazing creativity!!! A beautiful and clever card!!!

Unknown said...

This is FANTASTIC!

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

You are a creative genius!! I LOVE this card!