Tuesday, August 28, 2007

simple one layer

Here is a fun little trio of one layer cards. I love the combo of colors with a nice deep gray. The snowflakes are Stampin'Up the peas are Papertrey and the hearts are Hero Arts. I created the sentiments with my fun A Muse polka dot alphabet and the wonderful flourish is from Fancy Pants (pollen dust). Topped off with those wonderful row of dots from MFT (It's elemental). The white ribbon I colored with my gray copic marker to match and each card has a little extra embellishment. The snowflakes (rhinestones) The pea pods (glaze) and the hearts (silver string).

On a personal note, we are on our way home after spending a couple of wonderful days in Disneyland. Looking forward to my home and can't wait to play with some of my new goodies I have purchased and some that are waiting for me at home!
I will need a whole day just to catch up on my blog reading!

Make sure you check out my next post.... It will be My Favorite Things Sneak Peek!!!

12 comments:

Rose Ann said...

These are so fun and pretty! Great cards, Sherrie!! Have a safe trip home!

chelemom said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these!!!!! So cute and CLEVER~! Hope you had fun on your trip!

Kirsten said...

This set is freaking adorable! Love it! :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm on SCS) said...

What adorable cards, Sherrie! I love them! They are simply too sweet! Glad you're vacation is going well!

Flossie's Follies said...

These cards are so cool, I love one layer cards, but unfortunately mine never look like yours. Thanks for the continued inspiration.

Jessica (jessrose21) said...

Wow, these are wonderful!! You certainly have mastered the art of no-layers cards! I love the flourishes in black ink; they really seem to anchor the card. I hope you send these in to Take Ten magazine because they're perfect for it.

Kathy said...

Great job - I have tried the one layer but they look so plain. These are really cute maybe I will have to try again. Thanks for the inspiration.

Shadowcatcher said...

These are so cute! Hope you had a blast at Disneyland.

Dana said...

These are amazing one layer cards! I only wish I could design something like this. Just stunning, and the colors really pop.

domenica said...

These are just perfect!!

beate said...

I love those cards!

Juanita said...

DARLING CARDS!!! TFS.