Saturday, April 21, 2007

shower invites


The most rewarding part of card making for me is doing something "custom" for someone. These shower invites are for an upcoming wedding of a really sweet lady. I tried to make cards that would suit her personality. My SIL ordered them from me and gave me her colors blue and mauve and she wanted hydrangeas. Not a color combo I was used to so it was a little bit of a challenge. I also didn't have any hydrangea stamps so I had to create my own with these memory box (bold flower collection) flowers. I had some primas....of coarse they were the wrong color....so I inked them to match the color palette. The little tag is shrink film.

My little tip:
DO remember to punch out the little hole in your shrink film BEFORE shrinking it! LOL! You know I've made this mistake one too many times!

I tucked the ribbon through the hole and then secured it all with the center snap. They are having the shower at a tea house so I thought the little dainty tea cup was fitting. Aged it a little with some caramel ink.

I hope you like them Lara, thanks for your order!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, WOW, WOW, these are just simple the most gorgeous cards I have ever seen Sherrie!!! You have totally out done yourself with this order!!!

Heidi said...

These are beautiful!!! I love the flowers! How ever did you get them to look like that? Just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Sherrie! These are perfect! My mom is going to love them. I love the hydrangeas. Thanks for incorporating all the themes, etc. Can't wait to see them in person. BTW, what size should I make the inserts and what colour/type of paper should I get for that?

Thanks so much,
Lara

Sherrie said...

Lara,
I used ivory cardstock so you can do just a white insert if you want. The card is a standard 4.25"by 5.5" so it will be standard mailing. I have the envelopes for you too. Glad you like them!