Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Flower Silouette

What are your favorite combos??? This is one of my favorites this spring. It is Cool Carribean, Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, and a nice hit of Orange! I started with the flower then masked it and stamped the Impress BG with Dune colored chalk ink. I inked the flower as a guide in the bottom corner then cut it out with an exacto knife to create a silouette. This draws your eye from the main flower down to the bottom right. I matted it on the underside with Chocolate Chip. I inked a small center portion of that same flower in Dune ink and lightly stamped it on the choc. chip cs. Pulled a small piece of cocoa ribbon through the back. Inked the MSE sentiment in choc. chip craft ink and topped it off with lemon colored liquid pearls. Would love to hear your fav. color combos in your comments!

10 comments:

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

YES sure feel free to link me ! thanks for stopping by my blog!!

Bety :)

Kathy McD said...

Sherrie...you have nailed my fav combo! I just redid my kitchen in Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip and Cool Caribbean! LOL! My blog has pics if you want to see. I love, love, love this combo! Great card...one I will need to case for sure! Good job!

Jackie said...

Great card! I don't do much SU but my favorite color combination is pretty much anything and brown, preferably a chocolate brown.

Anonymous said...

Very cool card! I love how the stem of the flower curves up from the side of the card. My favorite color combo lately, is true thyme, cranberry crisp, and blush blossom!

QuiltNut Creations said...

gorgeous! love this color combo too. my current favorite right now is Chocolate Chip and Cool Caribbean

Theresa said...

I love your originality! Another beauty!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love all your work!

Ticia said...

I really like your card. It has a lot of detail without looking overdone. My favorite colors change a lot but I like certainly celery ,cameo coral and always apricot together.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I never knew blue and red could go together!! Thanks for the idea. Nice card keep up the great work!!

Allison Rankin said...

This looks amazing...I love these colors and the bling is just the right touch! Hmm...fav color combo may be Old Olive, Chocolate Chip with either a hit of Really Rust or Pumpkin Pie!