Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Kids in school = Productivity!

These are some of my favorites of the multiples I have done. First of all the set is MFT. I just love this prego lady! The dp is ....you guessed it.....Amy Butler. Yes, I have a whole swack of it and I am trying to use it up before heading out the door for more patterned paper. I colored it all with my copics to match the patterned paper.

A little about my process when making multiples....
I sit down with the patterned paper that I want to use, in this case, the slab of K&Co paper by Amy Butler and ink a bunch of images in brown or black ink (usually Palette). Then I sit with my copics and color match to the patterned paper. I usually do a bunch at one time so I like to do it watching TV or in this case visiting with a sweet friend. Then I set them aside till the next day and cut them out and play with layouts. My cards usually are a process, they don't always come together at one time. I like to take a step back and think on things then start again fresh. I know everyone is a little different, just thought I'd share my creative process when it comes to doing mass production.


This is the detail that I just love about this card. Sometimes it's the smallest things that draw me. The little heidi swap jewel at the end of my word. The wonderful "baby" is a sentiment from the Flourishes company. The link is in my sidebar. The oval SU punch worked so well in this case, carrying out the oval theme on the paper.

Here is the close up of a single card. I love the clean lines of this one. I am also drawn to the colors. Any other pink and green fans out there?
Should only be a couple more posts of the multiples and then back normal! I feel like a mini sweat shop in my basement these days....lol!

8 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Great paper, thanks for sharing the process, sometimes I think I have to do it all at once,love the little bling on the word, it is the little touches that just set something apart.

Jill said...

What wonderful cards. It was fun to read about your card making process. I love coloring so I often stamp a bunch of images and sit and color them while I am watching tv as well. Then I have something to use when I want to make a card. I love that little gem at the end of the word. It's the perfect finishing touch.

Theresa said...

They finished up wonderfully! Love the little bling!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Another awesome card, Sherrie. Thanks for sharing you mass production secrets! I should try that!

Rose Ann said...

What pretty cards!! Your coloring looks great, and I love your special touches!

June Houck said...

I am envious of all you have accomplished :) I love all your cards! Unfortunately I can't mass produce more than 6 or 8 of the same or similar card for the two coffee shops where I sell my cards, or they will sit (I just started selling in February...7 months ago tomorrow!) I need to make more cards for both stores; I only have 9 cards in my emergency stash! I hope your mojo is contagious.

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!! TFS.

Alli Miles said...

Gotta LOVE free time. Great cards BTW! Not much productivity here in the past few days. Perhaps on the weekend *smiles*